Friday, March 14, 2014

Feeling Fit Today, Tomorrow, Always

If you're anything like me, you love to eat. I'll eat pretty much anything that is placed in front of me with relatively little self-control. I'm always wondering what I can eat next as though it is the last food and meal I will see for weeks. It's not that I'm eating poorly or making bad choices, but I can pack away tons of food with very little thought and in a very short amount of time! 

About nine months ago, I met a dear friend who I was inspired by. She was eating healthy, exercising, and encouraging me to do the same. I was maxed out at my highest weight, eating horribly, stressed with my upcoming move, and looking for a new life habit. 

Over the past nine months, I've had my ups and downs--my wins and losses. But, I've been learning an important lesson along the way. 

Discipline.

You wouldn't think this lesson would be such a difficult one to learn, but man oh man, is it! Yes, I keep a plan book. Yes, I pay my bills in full and on time every month. No, I'm not wearing dirty underwear. But, YES, I do still struggle to maintain my life!

To give you a brief overview, my life is work, school (Master's), church, my own business with Arbonne, friends, family, working to eat healthy, and of course, working out! My life is BUSY! Through it all, I'm learning every day what not to do, but recognizing the areas where I'm making giant leaps and winning. 

WINNING!

Since I started my journey toward feeling fit nine months ago, I have implemented a solid workout routine with daily exercise! Clean eating habits! And, I've lost about 20 pounds (that is something to be proud of)!

My hope is that through this blog, you'll be encouraged to workout--to maintain the temple the Lord has given you. To eat well--not OVEReat, just eat well--filling your body with foods that are good for it. And, working to find a healthy balance. 

This is still a work in progress for me, but I'd love for you to join me along the way. Feel free to follow me on Twitter @mchllkst, on Instagram @mchllkst, and on Pinterest (Michelle Kistler). I hashtag stuff with #feelfit30 and would love to have you on board with this journey I'm on. Stay tuned for more updates and ideas. 

PS--What battles do you fight and which ones are you winning?!

No comments:

Post a Comment